Ovation TV, America’s premier arts network, is pleased to announce the December 2023 stunt and curated programming for its award-winning travel-entertainment digital channel, JOURNY. This December, the sleigh bells are ringing and the temperatures keep dropping! Allow JOURNY to transport you to far-away destinations covered in snow and holiday magic. All you have to do is relax, grab some hot cocoa, and flake out on the couch. Enjoy a special episode lineup from our series library as they all take place in the most wintry conditions. The month-long “Holiday Flake Out” stunt begins streaming on JOURNY today, Friday, December 1.
– DAVID ROCCO’S DOLCE VITA CHRISTMAS SPECIAL – David and Nina Rocco celebrate Christmas with family and friends at their Tuscan farmhouse, and prepare a meal that includes stuffed-fried squid; and spaghetti with braised octopus.
– JOANNA LUMLEY IN THE LAND OF THE NORTHERN LIGHTS – The legendary Joanna Lumley (Absolutely Fabulous) is trekking north through the cold and the snow on a quest to witness one of nature’s amazing wonders: the Northern Lights.
– NOMADS SEEKING ADVENTURES – Passionate storytelling meets extreme sports and some of its biggest names in the league, all set in some of the most scenic, freezing and powdery locations this world has to offer. Get ready to be amazed with thrilling stunts biking, kayaking, or skiing!
– TRAVEL MAN – With British humor and a star-studded guest list (Jon Hamm, Paul Rudd, Rob Delaney, Stephen Merchant & more), comedian Richard Ayoade (The IT Crowd) is on a quest to visit a foreign city with the help of a celebrity in less than 48 hours. Discover some of the colder locations Richard visits, as well as Travel Man’s holiday special.
– ROCK THE PARK – Rock the Park taps into America’s love affair with our nation’s National Parks. Hosts Jack Steward and Colton Smith are on a mission to explore every national park in this country and in the process go off the beaten path coming face to face with nature and some of the most awe-inspiring places on earth. Here are some of their winter National Parks adventures.
– DESCENDING + DEPARTURES – Friends Scott & Justin leave their lives behind in search of unique experiences and adventures abroad. From epic landscapes and the unforgettable locals, to the challenges that come with international travel, our best friends strive to find new perspectives on everyday life. It’s as much about the journey as it is the destination. No tricks, just real life and real travel. Watch as they travel to some pretty chilly destinations.
– TRAVEL QUEST – Bill Ball breaks the rules and stereotypes of travel shows as he ventures beyond the highlights. What do you do after you’ve lead groups to over 140 countries and all 7 continents? Welcome to Bill’s bucket list on steroids with Travel Quest. This December we will highlight some of his best winter adventures.
JOURNY is free to stream and is available on 300MM+ connected TVs via Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, XUMO, Vewd, Samsung TV Plus, VIZIO WatchFree+, Plex, DistroTV, and Verizon Stream; as well as on millions of iOS and Android mobile devices.
JOURNY is Ovation’s travel-entertainment app at the intersection of travel, art, and culture! Watch award-winning television series focused on immersive experiences and unique storytelling for FREE! Powered by Ovation and designed for the conscientious traveler, our programming centers world travel, cultural tourism, and global citizenry. Utilizing a network of talented and passionate travel filmmakers, producers, and creators, JOURNY brings together the voices and stories that make us connected and human. JOURNY is available on 300MM+ connected TVs via Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, XUMO, Vewd, Samsung TV Plus, VIZIO WatchFree+, Plex, DistroTV, and Verizon Stream; as well as on millions of iOS and Android mobile devices.
About OVATION America’s Premier Arts Network
OVATION, majority owned by Hubbard Broadcasting Inc., is an independent television, production, and digital media company with unparalleled commitment to the arts, culture, and captivating entertainment. Showcasing a lineup of critically acclaimed premium dramas, specials, documentaries, and iconic films, OVATION salutes innovative storytelling with popular programming that includes Inside the Actors Studio, Murdoch Mysteries, Frankie Drake Mysteries, Arts Engines, The Fall, Midsomer Murders, The Art Of, Celebrity Conversations, and The Sound of New York. OVATION also powers JOURNY, the dedicated streaming service where art, culture, and travel intersect. The company has provided more than $15M in contributions and in-kind support to arts institutions and arts education. Its signature advocacy platform, STAND FOR THE ARTS, includes a coalition of over 150 arts organizations, cultural institutions, and arts leaders throughout the country raising awareness about art’s positive impact, protecting access for everyone, and encouraging action on behalf of the arts. OVATION is available on major providers via cable, satellite, and telco systems including Comcast Cable/Xfinity, DIRECTV, Charter/Spectrum, Verizon FiOS, as well as on demand. You can follow OVATION on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, OvationTV.com, and through our App, OVATION NOW.