JOURNY’s Monthly Lineup Includes Welcome to Railworld Japan with Henry Golding, No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain, My Sri Lanka with Peter Kuruvita, Luke Nguyen’s Railway Vietnam, and Lee Chan’s World Food Tour
Ovation TV, America’s premier arts network, is pleased to announce the latest programming for its award-winning travel-entertainment digital channel, JOURNY. JOURNY premieres a new travel series every month, supported by a curated lineup of diverse programming, talent, and destinations. In honor of Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month, JOURNY’s May programming lineup features Travel Guides New Zealand as its anchor series. Episodes are available beginning Sunday, May 1.
For AAPI Heritage Month, Travel Guides New Zealand follows groups of Kiwi travelers on their local escapades around the land of the long white cloud. These voyagers become travel critics, as they rate and review their holiday experiences in a special way only Travel Guides can deliver: While one person’s idea of paradise is presented, it is another one’s nightmare! These opinionated travelers are being thrown out of their comfort zones and deliver both brutally honest and hilarious reviews of New Zealand’s unique tourist attractions.
Viewers will also enjoy a specially curated lineup of some of JOURNY’s favorite series to celebrate AAPI Heritage Month, including the following titles:
– Welcome to Railworld Japan with Henry Golding: Take a ticket to this breathtaking train ride across a gorgeous and historic land. Host Henry Golding discovers the essence of Japan by embarking on a unique and fulfilling journey through the country’s most prominent mode of transport, the railway system. Ride along with Henry on his quest to uncover all the rich culture, fascinating attractions, and mouth-watering delicacies that the Land of the Rising Sun has to offer.
– No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain: In his Emmy Award winning series, Anthony Bourdain travels the globe to explore the cities, villages, and countries that offer life’s truest surprises. This batch of episodes features his Asian travels.
– My Sri Lanka with Peter Kuruvita: The chef travels around his homeland, cooking traditional dishes against spectacular scenery. Whether it’s tea country pork or Jaffna crab curry, Peter’s journey takes him from leafy tea fields to the country’s picturesque coastline, which is known for its abundance of seafood. Catering for sweet tooths as well as savory food fiends, Peter shares a recipe for the traditional Sri Lankan love cake, along with his take on an “adult’s only” banana split.
– Luke Nguyen’s Railway Vietnam: Celebrated chef Luke Nguyen takes us on a culinary journey in Vietnam, but this time with a difference. Luke travels by train from Ho Chi Minh in the south to Sa Pa in the north embarking on a journey of the senses, which combines his love of food, travel, trains, and the Vietnamese people.
– Lee Chan’s World Food Tour: Combining her passions of food and travel, Lee Chan (“My Kitchen Rules” and “Coxy’s Big Break”) eats her way around the globe. With her taste buds leading the way, Lee travels to every corner of the world cooking up local favorites, modern delicacies, and delicious desserts. From the markets of Asia to the wilds of Africa, Lee’s energetic zest for life will see her feasting on a menu of culture and cuisine. In the series, Lee Chan visits Vietnam, Egypt, France, South Korea, Germany, China, Canada, India, Malaysia, the United States, Australia, Singapore, and Cambodia.
JOURNY is free to stream and is available on 300MM+ connected TVs via Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, XUMO, Vewd, Samsung TV Plus, Vizio WatchFree+, Plex, DistroTV, and Verizon Stream; as well as on millions of iOS and Android mobile devices.
JOURNY is the only travel-entertainment app at the intersection of travel, art, and culture! Watch award-winning television series focused on immersive experiences and unique storytelling for FREE! Powered by Ovation and designed for the conscientious traveler, our programming centers world travel, cultural tourism, and global citizenry. Utilizing a network of talented and passionate travel filmmakers, producers and creators, JOURNY brings together the voices and stories that make us connected and human. JOURNY is available on 300MM+ connected TVs via Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, XUMO, Vewd, Samsung TV Plus, Vizio WatchFree+, Plex, DistroTV, and Verizon Stream; as well as on millions of iOS and Android mobile devices.
About OVATION TV America’s Premier Arts Network
As an independent television, production, and digital media company, OVATION TV has an unparalleled commitment to the arts, culture, and captivating entertainment. Showcasing a lineup of critically acclaimed premium dramas, specials, documentaries, and iconic films, OVATION TV salutes innovative storytelling with popular programming that includes Inside the Actors Studio, Murdoch Mysteries, Riviera, Frankie Drake Mysteries, Arts Engines, Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries, The Fall, Midsomer Murders, The Art Of, CelebrityConversations, and TheSoundofNewYork. Ovation also powers JOURNY, the dedicated streaming service where art, culture, and travel intersect. The company has provided more than $15M in contributions and in-kind support to arts institutions and arts education. Its signature advocacy platform, STAND FOR THE ARTS, includes a coalition of over 150 arts organizations, cultural institutions, and arts leaders throughout the country raising awareness about art’s positive impact, protecting access for everyone, and encouraging action on behalf of the arts. OVATION TV is available on major providers via cable, satellite, and telco systems including Comcast Cable/Xfinity, DIRECTV/AT&T U-verse, SPECTRUM, Verizon FiOS, as well as on demand. You can follow OVATION TV on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, OvationTV.com, and through our App, OVATION NOW.